Time to get the floor sorted so the interior can go back in...The Marmoleum arrived - Artoleum Graphic 5311
Clearly not used by fishermen
but undoubtedly creating a better environment inside the 53FC
Nicely packaged BUT extremely heavy !
Nice subtle smell too - all natural; linseed oil
The space always looks smaller outside !
Its also very strong underfoot but easy to crack & snap if bent too sharply
So, as always, its a case of measure twice, cut once.
Or maybe three times, just to be sure.
A template for the corners is helpful
And then its a case of rolling it inside out (but in a larger roll so as not to risk it cracking
and slowly glue a section & roll out the roll
Glue, roll.... glue, roll
and soon she's looking a whole lot better
At this point the roll is very keen to unroll so needs a little coaxing to stay put
... and finally down.
A few tiny trims here & there
and a 3" strip to add along the side - the width is 6ft 7", so just short of a full width.
So I decided to have the join on the street side as it'll mainly be unseen under cupboards
Luckily not a hideous accident but Kathryn trying out the bed area for size.
It originally had a headboard/shelf but I think we might do away with that & have the bed run the full width
As I said in the previous post, I've decided to keep as much of the original interior & refurb the ply where necessary
Its useful to look back at the original photos, taken when she'd just arrived.
It seems a long time ago (it was !)
Quite a change !
Just a few more items to go back in...