Monday 7 August 2023

R e s t o p a u s e  !

 Yes, I know it's been a good few years since I put anything up here.  

As anyone restoring an Airstream well knows, it's always an ongoing process.

I'd love to say that the restoration of our 53 Flying Cloud is all done and dusted but in fact I just reached a point where she was restored enough for our annual two week's camping in the wilds of Cornwall and maybe a festival or two. I'd call it a RESTOPAUSE !

So here are a few shots from this year's camping trip. 



Not quite ideal towing conditions ! 





But worth it for the peace and quiet.

We sailed our little gaffer round too.
The hills of the Cornish coast
Canoes too - our restored Grumman.


Bit of a chop.
Some interior shots - The rear double 
And the hitch end dinette with a temporary table.

Polished endcaps

I'm always glad I kept the original cabinetry, even if some veneer occasionally delaminates and needs glueing down (hence the yellow tape on the magazine rack).
The re-released 1950s Sanderson fabric works well.









After 7 years comfortably camping in her, maybe it time to restore the fridge and put the gas and water back on. Maybe next year !

No comments:

Post a Comment